Tile joints, being the point where tiles meet at the edges as well at corners and intersections, are a key structural feature of tile installations.
While recent developments in concrete construction materials mean it is easier to construct with less waste material from the design stage, tile joints still need to be filled in with something strong, durable, and able to stand up to everyday use — otherwise you’ll have gaps which will look shabby shortly after installation and then potentially fail later.
Tile joints provide stability and support to the surrounding tiles. However, when these joints show signs of wear and tear, it can lead to an array of problems, including the poor appearance of floor finishes, as well as damage to the tiles themselves. To tackle this problem, you need to choose a solution that is capable of resisting such damage. That’s where having epoxy grout comes in handy.
What is Epoxy grout?
Epoxy grout is a versatile solution for a wide range of specialised applications. Epoxy grout is an alternative to cement grout because it’s more resistant to abrasive cleaning products and has an even colour. This makes matching the grout to the tiles rather simple. Epoxy resin polymer molecules are cross-linked with another molecule which toughens them up. This is called curing and turns them into a hard, waterproof material.
Why should you use The Magik Epoxy Grout G111?
- Epoxy grouts are a must for tile floors. They have great insulating properties, which make for great material when used in slate, hardwood, and tile. As epoxy grout is also strong, exceptionally durable, and environmentally friendly, it is sure to last you through many years of use and maintenance-free.
- Tile joints are one of the most common parts in a bathroom and kitchen. Thus Epoxy grout works well with porous materials since it helps prevent mould and mildew growth. These are most often found in ceramic tiles because of their ability to soak up moisture. Epoxy grout helps to make tiles watertight, easy to clean and fungus-free.
- If you are looking to fill your tile joints, filling them with epoxy grout is an appropriate and cost-effective option. Epoxy grout is different from regular grout in two significant ways: it is highly resistant to staining, making it perfect for tiles that have been stained in the past. It is also more durable than the regular type of grout, which helps prevent joint / tile cracks that can occur over time due to physical wear and tear.
- Epoxy grout is a versatile material that provides a stylish yet durable look to your floors. The best part about this grout is that it can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or wet sponge, making it ideal for use in both bathrooms and kitchens.
- Epoxy grouts are available in a wide range of colours and can be mixed to match the colour of the tiles. Marble Magik offers 34 vibrant colours to match your style. You can choose from any of the colours offered to match the tiles, or create a colour theme in your bathroom or kitchen.
- Epoxy grout is a popular choice for indoor tile floors, as it does not discolour from prolonged exposure to sunlight and its UV rays.
The final decision:
All in all, epoxy grout is easily available and widely used by many since it is stain-free, long-lasting, and durable. Epoxy grout repels water, while cement-based grouts can be susceptible to moisture and may lead to stains. The epoxy resin hardens in a day for a more durable, water resistant seal.
If you’re looking for a solution that won’t fail, we have what you need. Marble Magik Corporation offers Magik Stain Free Epoxy G111 which is best for filling tile joints. Our epoxy grout is impervious to staining, chemical and water damage. This makes it perfect for kitchens, bathrooms, and hospitals. Let us bring magik to your tiles!